Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
This position is designed to maximize sales and customer service through safe and effective planning, selling, ordering, and in store servicing. This role works directly with store managers and store personnel to ensure a high level of sales and customer service is provided in retail accounts. This person is the store’s sole contact and is responsible for all accounts assigned within a designated territory.
• Drive revenue growth within assigned sales territory by maximizing Direct Store Delivery Strategy to grow revenue.
• To drive new sales: Plan sales presentations, conduct effective fact gathering to prepare store specific sales plans, identify and act on selling opportunities, deliver effective sales presentations to store management, make effective use of sales data, and write the sales order.
• To drive new sales: Upgrade existing accounts through theme and promotional displays, POS and other materials, other merchandising, increasing variety Points of Interruptions, and gaining extra displays.
• To drive new sales and maximize customer relations: Establish and maintain rapport with key store individuals, adhere to route schedule, properly order authorized product, maintain proper inventory, set stores to schematic and ensure proper display, rotation and pricing of all products, manage out of stocks, replace outdated or damaged product, communicate to customers or manager about service matters, maintain company owned equipment, and properly handle paperwork.
• To drive new sales and maximize customer relations: Take responsibility for timely product deliveries and coordination with back room receivers and store personnel.
• Act with a sense of urgency to service calls from customers due to increased programming and or unforeseen circumstances, and follow store service schedules.
• Anticipate and respond to competitor activities, maintain/increase space, and make secondary placements.
• Prepare paperwork and actively participate in 1:1 meetings, take ownership for meetings, incorporate opportunities identified, respond to work-with coaching, and contribute to district meetings.
• Operate Company vehicles safely and follow DOT standards.
• Complete start of shift vehicle inspection and keep accurate records, including driver log book.
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Effective sales, presentation and communication skills
• Drive for results, win in the marketplace
• Solid planning and organization skills
• Detail oriented with exceptional follow through
• Able to build solid working relationships
• Able to deal with change and adversity in the work place
• Able to influence others
• Able to work in a fast paced work environment
• Able to practice safe working habits at all times
The Nestlé DSD Company operates all Direct Store Delivery (DSD) for Nestlé USA. The division serves Nestlé's frozen products, including the field DSD sales organization, supply chain planning and execution, and centers of excellence like Go-To-Market, Human Resources, and Finance.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Must be at least 21 years old.
• High School Diploma/GED Equivalent.
• 1-2 years of Selling experience preferred.
• Experience in the DSD/Consumer Package Goods industry preferred.
• Must have a valid Class B CDL with airbrake endorsement or must have a valid Class B permit and be able to obtain CDL with airbrake endorsement within 30 days of hire; must meet DOT requirements.
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, physical and motor vehicle report for moving violations.
• Willing to work over 40 hours required.
• Willing to work weekends and Holidays if needed.
• Ability to read, write, and speak English.
• Willing to work in extreme temperatures and maneuver in retail/warehouse/customer freezers.
• Hands/Arms: Frequent use of both hands/arms above shoulder reaching while stocking products. Frequent use of both hands/arms throughout the work shift while forward reaching, handling, gripping, power grasping, fingering and above shoulder reaching while stocking ice cream products.
• Bending/Twisting: Frequently, at waist 30 - 50 degrees while loading/unloading items from carts to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties off loading pallets of frozen products to freezer carts.
• Kneeling/Crouching: Occasionally, while stocking of freezer display shelves or off loading pallets at floor level and while picking orders off the trucks and placing them on the carts.
• Balance: Wet and icy conditions in freezer units and condensation on tile floors as well as leaning into freezer units to stock shelves.
• Push/Pull: Frequently, using both hands and arms while moving materials via wheeled cart, exerting a force up to 15 - 35 pounds, depending on surface/slope. Rarely up to 35 - 75 pounds of force moving palletized load using pallet jack.
• Standing/Walking: Frequently, while performing some duties in customer location walking up to four hours per shift on concrete surface. Stepping on and off of the back of the truck when loading product.
• Lift/Carry: Frequently, 1 - 5 pounds individual ice cream products up to 800 - 1000 items per stop or 2,500 - 4,000 items daily, no carrying. Occasionally (15%), up to 40 pounds boxed pizza and/or 6-8 packs ice cream product from pallet to freezer rack or six-wheel cart, carry short distance up to six feet. Repetitive lifting/carrying 10 - 35 pounds of product in boxes from racking unit to the pallet or cart.
• Sitting: Continuously while driving vehicle in between scheduled stops. Potential for awkward posture during entry and exit of vehicle and vibration of vehicle when in motion.
• Loading/Unloading: Frequently moving head and neck while loading/unloading items from vehicle to carts, carts to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties offloading pallets of products to freezer carts.
• Climbing: Rarely or not at all - depending on employee height and store setup/location, using small step ladder.
• Head and Neck: Frequently, moving head and neck while loading/unloading items from vehicle to carry aids, carry aids to freezer shelves and performing back room stocking duties, and off - loading pallets of products to freezer carry aids.
• Location: Work is performed at customer locations selling and delivering products and operating commercial vehicle en route to customer locations.
• Hazards: Driving a variety of vehicles in all types of weather, slippery surfaces, lifting hazards, exposure to moving vehicles and equipment, traffic hazards, fall hazard from work on dock and tailgate, fuel line rupture, hydraulic hose failure, fumes, odors and some bouncing, jarring, vibration from truck operation.
• Machinery: Moving machinery, such as bailers, compactors and potentially fork trucks.
• Tools/Equipment Used: Company vehicle/truck, hand truck, carton cutter, carts, cleaning supplies, hand-held computer.
• Safety Equipment: Seat belts, gloves, safety shoes as required.
• Temperature: Work regularly in cold temperatures (-20 degrees F) up to 20 minutes 5 - 7 times a day.
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Nestlé Direct Store Delivery is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
Category: Sales\Sales Services