Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Surgical Tech - FT - Surgicenter of Johnson County - 03420*
Location: United States-Kansas-Overland Park-Surgicenter of Johnson County
Other Locations: null
The Surgicenter of Johnson County has an immeidate opening for an FT OR Tech.
The Surgical/O.R. Technologist performs a variety of technical duties to assist in preparing and caring for pre-operative patients. The tasks and responsibilities include:
* Assembles supplies and equipment needed for surgical procedures.
* Prepares sterile instrument table.
* Prepares patient skin for surgery in accordance with hospital standards.
* Maintains aseptic techniques and actively monitors situations which could lead to breaches in aseptic technique.
* Provides comfort and support for pre-operative patients.
* Transports patients to and from surgical suite.
* Positions patient according to type of surgery.
* Assists the surgical team in surgical procedures which may include passing instruments, sponges and sutures.
* Maintains work area.
* Gathers equipment for cleaning and sterilization.
* Assists in the monitoring of the patient through the procedure.
* Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
* Graduated from an accredited educational program for Surgical Technologist, or,
* Has completed an appropriate training program for surgical technology in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, or Coast Guard of the United States or in the United States Public Health Service.
For surgical technologist not meeting the requirements above:
* Was employed to practice surgical technology in a health care facility before September 1, 2009, or,
* Is in the service of the federal government to the extent the person is performing duties related to that service.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:
* Surgical Technologists that graduate after September 1, 2009 must hold and maintain a current certification as a Surgical Technologist within 180 days from the date of graduation. The certification must be from:
* The National Board of Surgical Technolog and Surgical Assisting or it's successor:
* The National Center for Competency Testing or it's successor;
* Another surgical technologist certification progrram approved by the department.