Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Surety Underwriter - SuretyFirst - Contract - Overland Park, KS
Location: US-KS-Overland Park
Advance Your Surety Underwriting Career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Surety is currently recruiting for a Surety Underwriter to join our SuretyFirst Contract Team in Overland Park, KS. As a Surety Underwriter you will market, underwrite and service our network of independent agents and small contract accounts within an assigned territory. You will use your excellent rapport building skills to build and maintain positive relationships with agents and accounts, and will market to your territory focusing on relationship building rather than transactional sales. We are looking for an experience surety professional who is a self-motivated individual to use their business and financial acumen to perform primary credit underwriting and risk analysis, provide recommendations, and make decisions on new and existing accounts. You will also service the ongoing bond requests of small contract accounts within an assigned territory
Liberty Mutual Surety (LMS)™ is an operating division of Liberty Mutual Insurance and the 2ndlargest Surety bond provider in the United States. We specialize in providing contract surety bonds for construction firms, manufacturers and suppliers, and commercial surety bonds for corporations and individuals on an account and transactional basis. We pride ourselves on our outstanding service to agents and customers. We are committed to our value proposition of building mutually profitable relationships by providing smart business solutions, ease of doing business, and consistent, responsive service. Liberty Mutual is dedicated to the communities we serve and values highly a diverse workforce.
* Perform analytical evaluations of financial statements on both a static and trend basis to determine the present and perform a financial position of the most complex risks, and monitors financial position of those risks via pursuit and analysis of interim financial statements and work in progress data as appropriate.
* Responsible for investigation, analyzing, and managing all necessary underwriting/accounting/work flow issues, within framework of LMS policies and procedures, arising on the most complex risks in the office. Some examples include, but are not limited to, multiple surety accounts, captive reinsurance programs, joint ventures, and international transactions.
* Monitor quality of account underwriting and relative quality of business within office(s), as assigned. Examples include utilization of self-audit programs, financial ratio analysis report.
* Provide direction for topics to be addressed in meetings with agents, contractors and others, as necessary.
* Analyze statistical reports, claims data, and other financial exhibits, as directed by Manager.
* Prepare and implement instructions for administering work flows and accounting/billing issues to service unique situations.
* Performs special projects as assigned
* Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or equivalent and a minimum of 3 with a preference of 4 years small contract Surety Underwriting or equivalent surety related experience required.
* Solid understanding of financial and accounting principals and the ability to demonstrate sound business judgment in the evaluation of the financial condition, credit history, experience and character of contract accounts.
* Proven analytical ability to evaluate and judge underwriting risks within scope of responsibility.
* AFSB certification preferred
* Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as attention to detail.
* Ability to work independently and juggle many tasks simultaneously as well as a comfort level in interacting with people in small groups and social situations.
* Technically savvy and experience with diverse computer applications.
* Ability to interact successfully with agents, brokers, CPAs, bankers, attorneys, etc. to build & maintain good business relationships.
* A minor amount of overnight travel and the ability to attend occasional agent meetings or industry events.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?