Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Title: Stress Engineer - BFTC
PDS is seeking a BFTC Stress Engineer for an open position in Wichita, KS.
In your role, you will:
* Provide stress support in the design and certification of new and in-service aeronautical structures & systems installations to demonstrate compliance to specifications and airworthiness requirements.
* Execute intermediate to complex assignments.
* Review design and or repair proposals.
* Write reports, conduct classical analysis and/or finite element analysis.
* Review documents, conduct fatigue and damage tolerance analysis, and interface with suppliers/customers/clients/partners.
* This position involves data and information exchange with internal disciplines such as Airworthiness, Marketing & Sales, Liaison Engineering, Production and In-Service Support.
* May also deal with externalsuppliers/customers/clients/partners.
As our ideal candidate, you will meet the following requirements:
* You will have at least a Bachelor's Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university or equivalent.
* You will have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in aircraft structural analysis.
* You will be strong in static strength analytical skills for metallic and composite structure using classical and finite element method.
* Proficiency with MSC NASTRAN linear finite element code is desirable.
* You will have a basic knowledge of fatigue and damage tolerance analysis.
* You will possess a basic understanding of the structural certification process for civil aircraft.
* You will be familiar with aircraft loads and have the ability to idealize and define structurally sound load paths.
* You will have a basic understanding of the operation of aircraft mechanical control systems.
* You will have knowledge in minimum weight design concept, conventional aircraft structural arrangements and manufacturing processes.
* A thorough understanding of aircraft structure, airworthiness regulations, and approved methods of analysis is required.
* A modest amount of travel may be required.
This position may require you to submit to and pass a drug test and/or background check.
If this is a hands-on position, you may also be required to pass a safety and productivity examination.
PDS Tech, Inc. will comply with all applicable federal and state laws governing the use of such background checks and drug tests
PDS Tech, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran (EOE M/F/D/V)
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
* Health insurance
* Paid holidays
* Weekly payroll
* Immediate 401(k) eligibility
* Completion bonuses
Please note availability of benefits may vary by position.
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand.
$$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
We pay thousands each month in referral bonuses!Contact a recruiter for details.