Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Position: Application Analyst II
Category: Application Development
Location(s): KC/Overland Park KS
Department: LRS Consulting Services
Job Number: 7759
Time to get to work! Our client is in need of an Application Analyst II. This is a 3 month contract opportunity. If you’re that person, submit your resume now!
LRS Consulting Services has been delivering IT excellence for over three decades. Our reputation for quality, flexibility, and strong relationships with our clients keeps them turning to us to meet their IT consulting needs. Our contacts combined with your technical expertise equals career possibilities for you. So let’s get to work!
The Application Analyst II is responsible for analysis, design, and implementation of cross-functional information system solutions. The Application Analyst II works in a team environment in support of projects of longer duration and requiring full documentation and planning. The incumbent is responsible for developing and updating documentation and specifications that are of the highest quality.
This role will be involved with significant initiatives over the next several months involving the reengineering of our EDI processes, applications and support. In addition, the person selected for this role will be charged with becoming our primary subject matter expert in the area of Customs which involves the Canadian and US border agencies.
1. Demonstrates the ability to learn multiple technologies and systems and may act as the project manager across multiple technologies and systems. Effectively delegates and follows up on support work as required by assigning, coordinating, and reviewing work project team members. Understands and applies company standards, system development and project management methodologies, processes, and procedures. Participates in the development of standards, tools, methodologies, processes, and procedures across the organization.
2. Facilitates meetings with groups of cross-functional customers and team members to ensure all requirements are captured and issues are resolved timely.
3. Works closely with customers to understand the functions to be automated, objectives, desired features and input/output requirements. Determines estimates for time and cost of work as well as feasibility and compatibility with other systems.
4. Analyzes, defines and documents program requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls, and outputs.
5. May be involved with programming on Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) requests from external customers. This includes gathering partner information such as location lists, specifications, trading partner profiles and billing requirements.
6. Support of customer inquiries. Quickly responds to inquiries from the largest, most demanding customers. Handling questions and issues from internal users and trading partners. This includes, but not limited to working with outside customers, terminals and customer service on pickups and working with the billing and collections group to make sure the correct reference numbers are being sent out on invoices.
7. Compliance reporting for partners. This includes researching shipments and tracing the events back to make sure the EDI transactions accurate and timely.
8. Auditing and monitoring EDI processes including; reporting, monitoring application files and debugging translation errors.
9. Analyzes installs and tests upgrades application programs of levels of complexity.
10. Participate in departmental or cross-functional quality activities as needed to improve work process or improve customer-supplier relationships. May provide leadership in quality activities.
11. Assist more senior staff members to train and orient new team members in departmental functions or customers in system related functions.
12. Inform Manager or another assigned senior staff member of activity status and plans and actions that may affect customers and other staff member’s efforts.
13. May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Visit us online at www.lrs.com.
LRS is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for employment will receive consideration without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or citizenship status.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct experience working with Enterprise Application Integration, Message oriented Middleware or Service Oriented Architecture patterns and applications.
- A minimum of 2 years of direct experience designing and developing using WebMethods Integration Server v 7.2 or higher. Preferable v8.2. Experience with Broker and Trading Networks
Object oriented programming (Java, C#, C++)
- Relational database technology (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata)
- Experienced with creation of XML schema’s and mapping
- Professional full life-cycle development experience with Java, B2B Integration, and BPM
- Working experience with multiple data formats such as EDI X12, SAP IDoc, XML, and MILS
- Four year college degree or equivalent; or seven to ten years related experience nd/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least 3 years of work experience in EDI; Understanding of EDI transportation transactions
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite of tools
-Candidate must have ability to effectively communicate in English (written and verbal)
-Candidate must have authorization to work for any employer in the US without sponsorship
Highly Desireable Skills/Experience
web services: Experience developing/implementing SOAP/REST Web Services
• Knowledge of communicating via MQ Series or JMS queues
• Experience with SQL, PL/SQL, and various database platforms (DB2, Oracle, SQL Server)
• Experience in developing solutions utilizing Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA) and solid understanding of SOA lifecycle. Solution platforms utilized such as; TIBCO, Oracle/BEA, IBM, webMethods, Biztalk.
• Service definition, design or implementation using WSDL and/or SOAP
• Implementing Business Process Orchestration using BPEL or an equivalent proprietary solution
• 1 years of professional application development experience within UNIX based operating systems (HPUX, RHEL, Solaris, AIX)
• Experience in business analysis and business process development.
• Experienced with modeling tools such as Microsoft Visio.
• Familiar with project management techniques.
• Familiarity with mainframe platform environment and ability to read and interpret Cobol code.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
This position is: Contract to Hire